INTEGRATED SYSTEMS EUROPE 2024
30 Jan - 2 Feb, Fira Barcelona, Gran Via
TRINNOV ADDS MAJOR UPDATE TO WAVEFORMING AT ISE 2024
Trinnov Audio will demonstrate WaveForming’s new Pressurization mode, the company’s latest active acoustic technology, at ISE 2024 (booth 2C500), in partnership with Krix, Barco & Officina Acustica. This new advancement in low frequency reproduction makes its debut in an active 13.14.6 channel home cinema system.
TRINNOV ADVANCES AUDIO REPRODUCTION WITH WAVEFORMING PRESSURIZATION, ADDING THIS NEW TECHNOLOGY TO ITS RANGE OF ACTIVE ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS
Each behavior is addressed with a unique, dedicated technology
In the last 12 months, Trinnov has selectively released WaveForming to expert partners and a few qualified beta testers with a demanding, professional and methodical approach. This has enabled Trinnov to refine key parameters and confirm the fundamental superiority of its approach. Now, a year after its initial introduction, Trinnov Audio increases the performance gap with the introduction of Pressurization, its new patent-pending technology, at ISE 2024.
Pressurization adds to the range of active acoustic technologies from Trinnov Audio, making available, for the first time, a dedicated technology to address each of the different acoustic behaviors in home cinema rooms:
- WaveForming - Pressurization leverages the power of every subwoofer installed in the room in compliance with Waveforming’s subwoofer placement guidelines, maximizing the performance of the system below the room’s first mode, adding impact, pressure, and efficiency, including infrasonic bass.
- WaveForming - Propagation does not merely mitigate but eliminates the room's modal response between the first mode and up to 150Hz, where room modes are the most problematic. In this region, the acoustics are perfectly predictable from a physical standpoint, which enables WaveForming to control 100% of the sound field and simply remove room modes. Propagation leverages multiple exclusive concepts from Trinnov, including Multiple Sources, Multiple Controllers.
- The Optimizer performs several functions:
- It uses both Pressurization and Propagation modes of WaveForming to achieve global balance and optimal performance in the time and frequency domains across the entire bandwidth.
- It also mitigates broader acoustic issues which are more perceptual and complex, ranging from electro-acoustic problems such as active-crossover alignment and diffraction issues to psychoacoustic issues by treating the direct sound, early reflection and power responses of the room (diffuse field) with multiple appropriate techniques.
HOW DOES PRESSURIZATION WORK?
Room modes are different from one room to another. This is because the frequency and effet of standing waves is a function of wavelengths and the room's dimensions along with the construction methods and materials used for the room. However, below a certain frequency (the longer the room, the lower that first mode frequency), standing waves do not create huge dips and peaks in the room because wavelengths are simply too long to cancel each other out perfectly at any given location in the room.
Below the room’s first mode frequency, Pressurization progressively takes over Propagation within the WaveForming algorithm, and the 2 front and rear subwoofers planar arrays are used as a single 3D volumetric array to achieve maximum pressurization across the entire acoustic field. This brings multiple benefits:
- More emitting surface means the combination of all subwoofers playing together enables reproduction of lower frequencies, extending to the infrabass.
- The rear subwoofers act no longer as pure absorbers but also as emitters. All subwoofers specified, installed and paid for contribute to the sound pressure level in the low frequencies.
- The rear subwoofers take a load off the front subwoofers, at the most stressing frequencies, resulting in cleaner and louder bass coming from the front array.
Pressurization is built into WaveForming at every step of the algorithm to achieve:
- The best possible pressurization of the room, taking into account the typical leaks of real rooms. We realize that a room does not act as a perfect wave guide and that WaveForming-Propagation is necessary to achieve performance in a real environment. The same applies with WaveForming-Pressurization to achieve performance in normal rooms as they do not act as a perfect pressure chamber or compression chamber.
- The optimal and seamless transition between the Pressurization and the Propagation mode of WaveForming.
Pressurization mode will be available as a free software update to all current WaveForming clients and to all Altitude owners later in 2024 once WaveForming becomes publicly available.
GET A FREE BADGE.
Fill out the form to get a free invitation code and save 145€ on registration fees.
Once you get your code, register here and check out Arnaud Laborie's course on January 30th from 14:30 to 16:30:
Eleminating Room Modes with Active Acoustics and Subwoofer Placement.